The giveaway plugin lets you create and administrate giveaways in a very intuitive way which gives you a full overview of everything.
- Giveaway Blacklisted Roles are roles that disallow any user with any of these roles from joining any giveaways.
- Giveaway Bypass Roles are roles that allow any user with any of these roles to join any giveaway even if they do not meet the requirements.
- Giveaway Manager Roles are roles that allow any user with any of these roles to use any giveaway-related commands, such as giveaway creation commands.
To start creating a giveaway, simply click the big blue button. This will make another menu pop up.
At first glance, it might look like a lot of very complicated stuff, but do not worry. We will go through everything.
- Prize Name is what you want to call your giveaway. We recommend you include the prize of the giveaway in the name.
- Winner Amount is where you insert how many winners you want for your giveaway. Invite Tracker will select out the specified amount of winners when the giveaway ends.
The first box under End Date is where you configure what day you want the giveaway to end. The format, as shown in the box, is
dd/mm/yyyy. You can also click the little calendar icon on the right side of the box to display an interactive calendar which you can use to choose the day you want the giveaway to end.
The second box is where you configure at what time you want the giveaway to end. It uses a 24-hour clock format. You can also click the little clock icon on the right side of the box to display an interactive time selector which you can use to choose the time you want the giveaway to end.
For our giveaway, we will set it to end in 5 days from when this is being written at 4 o'clock.
The only box under Channel is where you configure which channel you want the giveaway to be sent in. Simply click the box and choose the channel.
For our giveaway, we will assign it to be sent in a channel called test.
- Required Roles are roles that are needed to join a giveaway. If you do not have all the required roles and you try to join the giveaway, your reaction will automatically be removed.
- Bonus Entry Roles are all awarded a specified amount of bonus entries to the giveaway. Users with these roles have an increased chance of winning the giveaway.
- Winner Roles are roles that are given to the winner(s) of the giveaway.
To join our giveaway, we will require the role "Invite Tracker User". We will give bonus entries to people with the roles "Invite Tracker Lover" and "Cool Person", and we will reward the winners with a role called "Giveaway Winner".
Required messages is pretty self-explanatory. In order to join the giveaway, you have to have the required number of messages sent in the server.
To join our giveaway, we will require each member to have sent at least a total of 50 messages in the server before being able to join.
When this switch is active, it will send a direct message to the winner(s) of the giveaway.
For our giveaway, we will activate this feature.
Now we should have a fully configured giveaway which should look something like this:
Now we just hit the blue button at the bottom of the page named Create giveaway and the giveaway should be made in the configured channel. If not, check Invite Tracker's permissions first.
Now that we have an active giveaway, we can go back to the dashboard and see that it has been added to the list of the server's active giveaways.
To edit a giveaway, just click the blue Edit giveaway button. This will show almost the exact same menu as the giveaway creation menu.
From here you can edit anything you like and after you save, Invite Tracker will make the necessary changes to the giveaway in the server.
For our giveaway, we will increase the required number of messages up to 100 from 50.
Now you can just go ahead and click Edit giveaway. Now if you check your server, you will be able to see that the giveaway has changed.
Do not worry if people who do not meet the new requirements reacted before you edited the giveaway as the bot checks each user to see if they meet the requirements when choosing a winner.