The verification plugin affects new members of your server by requiring them to go through a security check before they can have access to the server.
The verification level of your server is the type of verification in your server. It gradually gets more secure for each level.
There are 4 verification levels:
- Disabled: The verification plugin of your server is turned off and will not function.
- Button: Requires new members to click a button created by Invite Tracker to get their verification role.
- Captcha: Requires new members to solve a captcha sent by Invite Tracker to get their verification role.
- Website: Requires new members to solve a captcha on our website. This offers the best protection against bots and raids.
Selecting the Button option will cause a new, blue bar to appear. Clicking this will cause Invite Tracker to attempt to send a verification button to your server's verification channel. If Invite Tracker fails, please grant it the required permissions for that channel.
We recommend using the Website option for this feature as it is the most secure way of protecting your server against bot accounts and raids.
The verification timeout of your server is the number of seconds that need to pass before an unverified user is automatically kicked/banned from the server.
Users need time to verify, so remember to set the verification timeout accordingly. The default verification timeout of 180 seconds should be sufficient for most cases.
A server's verification timeout must be between 15 and 900 seconds.
There are two verification actions:
- Kick: If a user does not verify within the verification timeout, they will be kicked from the server.
- Ban: If a user does not verify within the verification timeout, they will be banned from the server.
Every server's default verification action is set to kick.
Be careful when using the Ban option for this feature. It is generally not recommended to use it.
The verification channel of your server is the channel where the verification message will be sent if the new member has their DMs closed.
Remember to give Invite Tracker enough permissions so it can post verification messages.
Verification logs are messages sent by Invite Tracker to a specific channel that notify you whether new members managed to verify, fail the verification, or did not verify within the verification timeout.
The verification logs channel of your server is where your server's verification logs are sent.